Criminal Justice Services
Home > Pre-Trial Programs > Pretrial Jail Screening
Pretrial Jail Screening
801-743-5025 | Email
All defendants booked into the jail are screened for release by a Criminal Justice Services Jail Screener. In order to be recommended for release from the jail, a defendant must:
- Have current charges and criminal history that falls within court authorized release guidelines.
- Have verifiable ties to the community.
- Provide names and phone numbers of individuals who can verify information regarding the defendant.
- Not have had a previous Pretrial release that was unsuccessful.
- Not be a threat to self or the community.
- Have a Pretrial Risk Screen that is verifiable and approved by the Pretrial Services Policy Board.
A Pretrial Services supervised release is a non-financial release from jail.